Friday, February 13, 2009

Indian Tapestry

I bought this tapestry just when I bought my new house last summer. I saw it online and knew I wanted it to be the focus of the living room. It's an authentic hand embroidered tapestry from a (unknown to me, although I'm sure I could find out) village in India.
I was unaware it would come without any method of hanging it however, so it sadly took a back seat to nearly everything else I did around the house until just now.
All it took was creating the tabs and sewing them on, but sometimes little projects just get lost along the way.
Anyway, it looks great now, and I'm happy to have it up.
I thought that it would be distracting right above the TV, with so many little antique mirrors, but really its quite beautiful with the "quiet" light that I prefer when the TV is on making it shimmer.

oh and as a side note : check out the Crown Molding! Nice dentals right? My mom and dad helped me put it up this January while they were in town coming back from Hawaii. Always good to put family to work - I try to give more than I get though ;)



No comments: