So just in case you ever thought you were "out of the loop" as it goes - maybe you just found out what "twittering" was, or that you still don't know what this FaceBook thingy is all about - worry not, for I met someone today more lost than you or I!
A vendor at the Sat. Market was talking to me about fairly normal everyday conversational things when she told me about a "new" restaurant called McMenamin's (which for all you non-natives around my parts is a Portland mainstay with maybe ten very popular restaurants around) where, and here's the kicker - has something called a "Happy Hour" (and she gave this mimed bunny ears in person) where before dinner time you can get cheap beer and little appitizer like plates of food!
-
-
!
Seriously!?
There was no indication that she was pulling my leg, or that this was some sort of brilliantly subltle sarcasm. In fact she told me that she has been telling all of her tourist customers to go there tonight to experience it first hand.
I asked her how well she was doing today.
Not too well was her response. The customers just aren't that willing to part with their money...
hmmmm. you don't say.
the people I work around.. sheesh.
at least they make me feel like I have a life in comparison.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! Tell me, tell me! Who was it?!?
Post a Comment